Scuba Certification Course (Open Water Diver)
Develop the confidence and skills to safely Scuba in California, the Caribbean, South Pacific and other open-water environments. Students will develop the credentials needed to dive at such popular destinations as:
- Catalina Island
- Cayman Islands
- Red Sea
- Costa Rica
The course consists of 2 classroom sessions (currently online Zoom classes), four pool sessions, and four certification dives over a weekend at Lake Pleasant. Students may have the option to complete their certification dives during a weekend trip to Catalina Island in California*. Once completed, divers can gain the confidence and skill to safely Scuba to ocean depths down to 6o feet.
We hold classes weekday nights and over weekends. You have the option to complete your course work over two or three weeks and we hold certification lake dives at the end of each month. You can be certified in as quickly as three weeks.
You can also choose to take classes privately on a one-on-one basis – please call us for more info!
- Accredited Scuba Schools International (SSI) Open Water Diver Course certification recognized world-wide
- All instruction provided by an accredited Scuba Schools International (SSI) Dive Instructor
- Two classroom, hands-on academic learning sessions. Currently online Zoom classes!
- Four pool sessions where you will learn and practice essential scuba skills
- One weekend of at least four lake dives
- Digital Learning materials via the SSI Training App for iPhone, laptop, Droid, or similar device.
- Rental Scuba equipment to be used for pool sessions and lake/ocean certification dives
- Use of pre-scheduled, pool practice sessions while taking the course
- Upon successful completion of course, digital and hard-copy certification card & diploma
- A 10% discount off the purchase of a complete Scuba package & accessories
Interested? Here’s how you make it happen:
- Purchase the course and select class dates with Scuba Professionals of Arizona. Visit our store or call us at 602-314-6650. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete paperwork packet including medical questionnaire.
- Acquire a “personal dive gear” set consisting of mask, fins, snorkel, boots, gloves, and anti-fog. Scuba Professionals of Arizona provides a discounted package for new course sign-ups.
- Complete the on-line digital learning material before your first class
Cost: $395 – all applicable taxes included.
Class starting dates
Check our Calendar here
for class starting dates.Do you prefer Private Classes?
You can also sign up for one of our Private Classes. Learn more here
!Sign up NOW!
Call us 602-314-6650 or use the contact
form to reserve!
*Catalina Island California certification dives require purchase of trip package for additional cost and subject to availability