Ocean Diver Program
Divers are getting certified in lakes with low visibility, no currents and lack of underwater animals to see and interact with. That’s why we have created a new course that takes the existing Open Water Certification Course and adds an additional section with items related to diving in the ocean: currents, marine life, weighting for salt water, etc.
This course allows our Open Water Instructors to give new students all the information they need to become a confident and comfortable ocean diver, and not only a lake diver!
Most scuba stores in Arizona, including Scuba Professionals of Arizona use Lake Pleasant as their primary place for certification dives since it is local and easy to get to. Now, the lake is a great place to get comfortable with diving in general. The problem with lake diving is it does not prepare you to dive with ocean currents or waves at the beach. Once a diver who was certified at the lake gets to the ocean it can become very intimidating and put them outside their comfort zone.
Over the years we have developed a new way to become certified that guarantees you the best in scuba diving education. Now you will be ready for either lake or ocean diving and all that may come with it.
Our Ocean Diver Program includes
Who can take the class?
- 2 class sessions where we will review oceanography, Marine Life, talk about the differences with diving in thicker wetsuits, buoyancy differences in salt water, buddy team functioning, beach diving techniques and so much more!
- 2 pool sessions working on these skills
- diving supervision on any Ocean trip conducted with Scuba Professionals of Arizona
What does it cost?
- Any certified diver who did their certifications in the lakes is welcome to join us for this program and upgrade your training.
Call us NOW, 602-314-6650, to sign up!
- The cost is only $100 per person. When you sign up for an Ocean trip with Scuba Professionals of Arizona, $50 of your Ocean Diver Course fee applies to your trip. Club Aquarius members get both a discount on trip packages as well as the Ocean Diver Program.