Advanced Scuba Courses
Now that you are a certified scuba diver, let Scuba Professionals of Arizona teach you how to do the specialties of diving! Take Scuba Diving to the next level by enrolling in our Advanced Scuba Courses.
Expert Scuba Diver
Scuba Professionals of Arizona offers two different Advanced Scuba Diving Courses: Advanced Open Water Diver with four specialties or the unique Expert Scuba Diver Course which covers 38 different specialty courses!
Advanced Open Water Diver
- Completing 4 different specialty courses (your choice of those listed below)
- Complete Pool Training for your specialties (if applicable)
- Complete Open Water Certification Dives for your specialties
In addition to above training, a minimum of 24 logged scuba dives is required to be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver
Price: $400 per person plus digital apps
This program is unique to Scuba Professionals of Arizona
- Classroom training in 38 different scuba specialty courses (see list below)
- 5 pool training sessions
– Pool 1 (Complete skill review)
– Pool 2 (Independent skills)
– Pool 3 (Stress/Rescue Diving Skills)
– Pool 4 (U/W communication, Lift bags & Line Reels)
– Pool 5 (Advanced Buoyancy, Navigation & RBS)
- Open Water Training (Lake and/or Ocean Scuba Dives)
including 11 digital training apps, materials, pool training and 11 digital certification cards and one physical Expert Diver certification card. Physical cards for each specialty are available for $10 each.The Expert course include the following courses:
Advanced Dive Planning, Beach Diving, Buddy team functioning, Buoyancy, Cave/Cavern Diving*, Cold water vs. temperate water, Cylinders, Deep Diving*, Digital Photography/Videography, Dive Computers vs. Dive Tables, Diving Tips, Dry Suit Diving, Enriched Air Nitrox, Equipment Maintenance, Hazardous Marine Life, Health & Fitness for Divers, High Altitude Diving, Hunting, Ice Diving*, Introduction to Dive Master/Instructor, Introduction to Technical Diving, Kelp Diving, Limited Visibility, Long Endurance Swimming, Navigation, Night Diving, Open Water Safety & Survival, Public Safety Diving (Police), React Right (First Aid, CPR and Oxygen), Reef Ecology, Salvage/Recovery, Science of Diving, Stress / Rescue Diving, U/W Communication, Wreck Diving.
*The Specialty programs of Deep Diving, Cavern Diving and Ice Diving are NOT available to Juniors(ages 10 to 14)Who can sign up?
Advanced or Expert Scuba Diving courses are available for any Certified Diver with a thirst for adventure, who is 15 years of age or older and is in good physical condition. All students need to complete a medical history form, please note: your Doctor may have to sign the form as well.Course Structure
The Scuba Courses with Scuba Professionals of Arizona are designed with 4 parts:
- Home Reading / Studying
- Lecture and Q/A Sessions
- Pool Skills
- Open Water Skills (Lake and/or Ocean Scuba Diving)
Scuba Professionals of Arizona offers two types of scuba diving courses for Phoenix Scuba Divers
- Evening Courses (Thursday evenings from 6-9 pm)
- Semi-Private and Private Courses are available to schedule at your convenience for an additional cost –Please contact the store to arrange
- Classroom Training in 38 different specialty courses
- Pool (Ocean Simulator) Training
- Pool use of SCUBA equipment if needed (BC, Cylinder, Regulator and Weights)
- Additional Classroom Training if needed
- Additional Pool (Ocean Simulator) Training if needed
- FREE Pool practice sessions while you are enrolled in this course and until you are certified!
- Certification Card when successfully completed this course
- Textbooks / Materials. Included with the Course fee
- Personal Equipment (Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Gloves, Environmental Suit)
- Surface Marker Buoy
- Dive Light
- Diver’s tool
Call Now 602-314-6650 to book your course!Group Discounts
- Total Diving System (BCD vest, Regulator, Diving Computer, Environmental Suit, Equipment Bag, Reef Saver Kit, and Save a Dive Kit)
Scuba Professionals of Arizona is proud to offer a 10% discount to those members of our military, police, fire, or EMT personnel.Ocean Certification?
Did you know that after you have completed your certification dives at the lake you could earn a higher scuba diver rating, the “Ocean Diver” card?Want to be a Dive Master / Assistant Instructor?
Would you like to be a Dive Master one day and be able to take people scuba diving? Did you know, the Expert Scuba Diver Rating is the highest rating a sport diver can achieve? After achieving the Expert Scuba Diver Certification, the very next step
is Dive Master, where you can dive for FREE!